What is BWS?
Body Weight Support (BWS) is any method of suspending partial or all of your body weight while standing or in motion. It can be done by overhead harnesses, outdoor bicycles, water, air pressure. LEVER utilizes a patented a 10 pound frame with a suspension system.
From the Researchers
"By reducing the bodyweight of a runner using the LEVER system, peak vertical ground reaction force is reduced similar to the competition"
When Can BWS Be Used?
BWS can be used at any time during an athlete’s/patient's regular training regimen to help them avoid and return from injury, stay healthy, and see an improvement in performance. In the past, many clinicians and coaches only prescribed BWS to their athletes when they were actively in pain or hurt, due to the high cost of BWS options on the market. Today, we are actively seeking to make BWS accessible and affordable to every clinic and athlete around the world.
From our customers
Our clinic needed this functionality, but couldn’t justify the cost of the other products. This has been a huge value-add for our patients.”
Most of my patients have treadmills, so with the setup only taking a couple of minutes, I can provide this technology when I travel."
Other BWS Benefits
1. Improvement of bone density markers without complete loading (bones need loading to be strong, but reducing load in doses helps them to gain strength)
2. Active monitoring/tailoring workouts due to fatigue and mechanical compensation
3. “Over-speed” training in a controlled environment
4. Recovery from injury, BWS allows tissues and bones to recover after injury
5. A safer way to increase weekly volume
6. Enhance weight loss through consistent prescribed exercise routine
BWS has been studied extensively, showing the benefits of this technology. To prove LEVER Movement is statistically similar to previous research please check out the below link and see how it compares to traditional BWS systems.